Skyway Canada Limited is one of the country’s leading providers of scaffold and shoring solutions. As a growing company with a strong national presence, our employees have the opportunity to grow and take on new career challenges.
At Skyway, our employees are our most important asset. That’s why we invest in our employees to ensure their safety on the job. Our full-time Corporate Health and Safety Managers are specialists in occupational health and safety, and ensure our products and our people are safe. We provide extensive and continuous Health and Safety training programs for all employees.
Our investment goes beyond safety to provide training opportunities to our on-site and management employees across the country. It gives our employees the chance to continuously improve their skills and knowledge.
- Reads and interprets drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements
- Selects the amount and type of insulation to be installed as well as a method of securing the insulation according to the type and shape of surface, whether or not the equipment is cold or hot, inside or outside, and what the equipment is going to be used for
- Measures and cuts insulating material and coverings to the required shape and dimension
- Fits insulation around obstructions or shape insulation materials and protective coverings
- Installs vapour barriers and finishes insulated surfaces by applying metal cladding, canvas, plastic sheeting or cement
- May perform other related duties assigned
- Must have a Journeyman Insulator’s Ticket or be a registered Insulator Apprentice from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification and OSSA Regional
- Must possess OSSA BSO
- Must possess H2S Alive
- Must possess OSSA Fall Protecton
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Completion of the Suncor Fort Hills orientation which can be found by goggling Suncor Fort Hills orientation
****Please note any training requirements needed Skyway can help the right candidate to achieve
- 14/7 rotation working 10 hours per day
- Camp accommodations provided
- Flights from Edmonton, Calgary, Various BC Hubs provided
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
At Skyway, you’ll be part of a team that is passionate about what we do and how we do it. Since 1967, we’ve delivered innovation, efficiency and safety to commercial and industrial projects across Canada. Skyway gives you the training, the challenges and the opportunity to take your career to new heights.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.skywaycanada.ca/careers.html →