Posted On: 5 January 2017 | 12:00 am
Hatfield Consultants Partnership (Hatfield) is a Canadian environmental consulting company based in British Columbia and Alberta. Hatfield provides services in the areas of environmental assessment and monitoring, water resource assessment and management, GIS and remote sensing, environmental information systems, aquatic ecology, wildlife, and biodiversity assessments.
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
General Description: As part of the dynamic Hatfield team, the Intermediate Water Resources Specialist will provide field, technical and project management support for the design and implementation of hydrology, hydrogeology, water quality, water resource and other environmental management components of Hatfield’s projects in northern Alberta.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Prepare, participate in and/or lead field programs required for hydrologic, hydrogeologic and water quality data collection and monitoring.
– Participate in teams of water resource and environmental technicians responsible for conducting baseline studies and ongoing monitoring programs.
– Support hydrometric, hydrogeologic and climatological site selection and study design activities.
– Compile, manage and assess hydrometric, hydrogeologic, climate, water quality, and water use data.
– Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated to meet operational and field requirements.
– Support on-going data management and reporting functions.
– Excellent communication skills (verbal and written – including technical or scientific writing).
Education and/or Experience:
– B.Sc. or technical diploma in engineering or sciences with some prior formal training (e.g., coursework) in hydrology and/or hydrogeology.
– The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of demonstrated experience related to hydrometric and groundwater monitoring, and surface water and groundwater sampling.
– Familiarity with the Alberta, British Columbia and Federal regulatory environments for environmental monitoring and construction projects would be an asset.
– Other experience that would be an asset includes: construction environmental monitoring; soil, sediment, surface and groundwater quality sampling; and, environmental effects monitoring and reporting.
– Experience and interest in field work. Field work in remote locations is required.
Reply in confidence with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please mark “Intermediate Hydrologist – Fort McMurray” in your email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Full Job Details Here