Posted On: 9 September 2016 | 12:00 am
The IT Systems Specialist will install, secure, repair and maintain Common Use System-Wide LAN, vLAN, WLAN and WAN applications, multiple Virtual Server, Database Server, Disaster Recovery and Web Servers. This position will ensure data and network security, manage user access, maintain related records, assist in the computer/server room operation and environment and provide technical support to internal and external staff.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external sources to provide technical assistance/support on software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and resolve issues/outages for Multi-User Flight & Baggage Information Display, Computer Aided Dispatch, Building Automation, Master Clock, Administrative Network, Airport Internet, Airport Web Site, and Common Use Terminal Equipment
- Analyze the existing infrastructure capacity to meet the present and future demands; recommend new technology solutions
- Oversee routine tests and analysis of a specific IT elements
- Manage audio visual systems connected by Jupiter switches and fibre
- Manage Storage Area Network space connected though iSCSI controller
- Perform planned Common Use System Server activities (installations, updates, etc)
- Maintain, troubleshoot and replace parts of Common Use Self-Service kiosks
- Maintain network operations and software application operating systems, organization wide server backup and routine maintenance programs
- Manage project migrations for hardware/software systems for Common Use System
- Monitor systems, respond to emergencies and pre-empt problems. Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications within the local and wide area networks, telephones and security systems
- Ensure the development and update of procedures and documentation
- College/Uni versity in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent work experience.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience technical in a related technical field.
- Minimum 1 year experience with VPN networks, firewalls, encryption and other Network Security Technologies.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Microsoft Virtual Environments specifically Hyper-V and Microsoft Cloud Solutions.
- Minimum 1 year experience with: Firewall, MSSQL server, MySQL server, Windows, Trouble-shooting Software, deployments of Software/hardware, Linux, UNIX. Network, Database Tuning, Enterprise Development Methodology.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated, and able to work well independently and within team setting.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends and on call as required
Full Job Details Here